An important part of CCC’s focus is to passionately love and care for one another. CARE (Compassion, Acceptance, Relationships, and Encouragement) is part of our ministry here that seeks to extend help to each person who attends here whether it is by prayer, providing for physical needs (meals, visitation, special helps), or just walking alongside you in the “troubled times.” As we live in community, we seek to offer welcome, assistance, prayer and support to each other!
… as our humble dependence upon God, one of CCC’s core values, is the heartbeat of all ministry. Without prayer our work is futile. Prayer deepens our intimacy with God and unites us with one another in fellowship. As we go deeper in prayer, we desire for it to become a lifestyle, a joyful discipline, and a wellspring of God’s power and provision in the lives of his people.
Ways to participate in the Prayer Ministry:
- Weekly Kingdom-focused Prayer: A group of intercessors, including some staff members, gather for prayer and intercession each Wednesday at Noon in the small room located in the front, left corner of the sanctuary. All are welcome!
- E-mail Prayer Chain: To seek prayer support for any request, email CCCPrays@cccpinehurst.org. The coordinator will send out the request within a few hours to those who have agreed to pray for the needs of our body. When appropriate, the requester’s contact information is included so that intercessors may make direct contact to encourage and minister in tangible ways, as the Spirit leads.
- Become a Prayer Request Intercessor: If you are interested in joining the team of intercessors who pray for emailed requests from our congregation, simply email CCCPrays@cccpinehurst.org and indicate your interest.
- House of Prayer guide: This monthly guide provides current prayer requests and praises from the leaders of our various ministries. This guide is the most significant tool to specifically and intentionally pray for our church’s ministry throughout the month. (This is also offered in a printed format on the literature rack located by the Connections Center.) If you desire to receive these ministry praises and requests via a daily email – one ministry per day – email Fred@CCCPinehurst.org to be added to the distribution list.
- Prayer Wall: There is a prayer wall outside the Prayer Room located just off the Commons. Feel free to stop by, write your prayer on the cards supplied and roll it into the wall. These requests are not shared broadly; only Pastoral Staff and key ministry leaders read and pray for these requests.
- Prayer Room Intercessors’ Team: Members of this team are available after each service for encouragement, prayer and discussion of heart and faith matters. The Prayer Room is located just off of the Commons next to the Alternative Worship Venue. If you are interested in joining this team, contact Fred Berkheimer: Fred@cccpinehurst.org
- Prayer and Praying Men by E. M. Bounds
- The Ministry of Intercession by Andrew Murray
- The Power of Prayer in a Believer’s Life by Charles Spurgeon
- With One Accord in One Place by Armin R. Gesswein
- Prayer by O. Hallesby
- The Power of a Praying Church by Stormie Omartian
- A Watchman’s Guide to Praying God’s Promises by Dick Eastman
- The Path of Revival by Mark Barnard
- A Praying Life by Paul E. Miller
- Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore
- Intercessors Arise by Debbie Przybylski
- The Daniel Prayer by Anne Graham Lotz
- Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
- Rees Howells Intercessor by Norman Grubb
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala and Dean Merrill
Christ Community Church’s Lay Counselors and Professional Counselors are here to assist you in identifying challenges and difficulties you are facing, offer direction as you learn to cope with life’s trials, and find resolution through discussion, prayer and Scripture.
Christ Community works in collaboration with Family Focus Counseling. Family Focus Counseling offers professional, Christ-centered counseling. The Family Focus counselors understand and address matters through the lens of the Christian faith and are licensed through North Carolina.
For more information please contact Erin Johnson at 910-690-3884 (all calls are confidential).
Counseling Center Address:
305 Page Rd. Building 1 Suite 6
Please print and complete the Informed Consent/Intake forms to bring to your first session. In addition to reviewing these forms, the Protocols and Procedures will be discussed.
Prayer by Timothy Keller
Celebrate Recovery Bible, NIV
From this Day Forward by Craig & Amy Groeschel
Victory over Darkness By Neil Anderson
The Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
There was no coincidence when God depicted His relationship with Israel and the Church in form of husband and wife and bridegroom and bride. As God intends for His relationship with His people to be fulfilling, He also intends joy, fulfillment, and intimacy in the marriage relationship and home. Christ Community Church is a community passionately committed to the support, nurturing, and healthy development of such relationships.
Our intention is to make resources and opportunities available throughout the year to encourage and empower couples of all ages. Parenting is another area that is near and dear to the heart of God. As a community, we are committed to encourage and equip parents as they travel this challenging path in the wisdom of God.
At Christ Community Church, we pursue these ends through a variety of strategies and venues. Healthy marriages and families are threads of continuity that can be seen through our life-group ministry; care and counseling ministry; and children ministry. We are committed to periodic and educationally progressive marriage and parenting “tune-ups” throughout the year that culminate in an annual event designed to educate, encourage, and spiritually uplift both couples and single parents. Finally, we are always growing in our availability and recommendations of biblical resources for couples and parents.
Marriage & Family Recommended Resources:
- “The 5 Love Languages” By: Dr. Gary Chapman
- “You and Me Forever: Marriage In Light of Eternity” By: Francis and Lisa Chan
- “Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married” By: Dr. Gary Chapman
- “Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs” By: Dr. Emerson Eggeriches