ABOUT Christ Community Church
Christ Community Church
Whether you’re exploring who God is or want to grow in your faith, we’re delighted about your interest. We hope your faith will be strengthened through our contemporary worship services, practical Bible-teaching and opportunities for significant and supportive relationships.
We aim to know God and grow spiritually. Building disciples (whether they be adults, students or children!) in a healthy church environment is our mission – we invite you to join us.
Come and experience Christ Community Church. Be a guest at a worship service. In the Commons, you can get a coffee and stop by our Connections Center. We look forward to meeting you soon!
CCC is in the final stages of carrying out our “2020 Vision”. As a Church community, we have maintained a strong focus on three specific areas: Passion for God, Care and Connection, and Outreach. We’re in the process of laying out our 2025 Vision and are eager to share it with you once it’s finalized.
- Passion for God – CCC will grow a community that is passionate for God and His purposes. We desire to grow a congregation of followers of Jesus who are growing in character, community and kingdom impact. The culture in which we worship, pray, serve, and fellowship will reflect our hunger to know God and His will for our church.
- Care and Connections – As our church grows, we desire to stay connected to one another. We will NOT permit ourselves to be a large, impersonal church. We will care for people in spiritual, prayerful, emotional and practical ways. Our Life Groups, counseling and prayer ministries, pastoral staff, and our environment will provide significant care and connection to our congregation.
- Outreach – Local outreach will be a combination of members living “intentionally – on mission” with Jesus in our daily walk, saturated by prayer! Our ministries will be a demonstration of God’s heart for the widow, the downtrodden, and the oppressed; and will provide redemptive pathways out of systemic and generational dysfunction. The effectiveness of our regional outreach will depend upon our prayer and building trust relationships within the community.
Christ Community Church is affiliated with
Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
We adhere to, and fully support the EFCA Statement of Faith. These are, we believe, indisputable tenets of God, and there is no room for debate on these points. The “Free” in the denomination’s title means that having affirmed these tenets, our body is an independent organization and free to govern itself with no interference from EFCA.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
2005 marked a new beginning for Christ Community Church. Leadership revised the mission statement of the church, adopted new core values, and created a philosophy of discipleship based upon Christ’s development of his twelve disciples.
We have five Purposes that we seek to advance as a part of this mission:
- Transformational Worship: Worship that anticipates and expects God’s presence in our gatherings resulting in people drawing closer to Him.
- Authentic Community: Building loving relationships and environments where people are able to share openly and honestly about their lives and Christ’s work in their lives.
- Intentional Discipleship: Fulfilling the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment; a disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ growing in character, community and Kingdom impact.
- Compassionate Outreach: Global and short-term missions, local outreach, and service projects that minister to needs and draw people to give their lives to Jesus Christ.
- Empowered Leadership: Men and women who lead with character, chemistry and competency.
Our Core Values: All that we do will be influenced by:
- Bible as our final authority
- Prayer as our humble dependence upon God
- Creativity as essential to outreach
- Excellence as essential to our service
- Relationships as more important than programs
Discipleship Philosophy: We are committed to making disciples who are followers of Jesus Christ growing in Character, Community and Kingdom Impact.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At CCC we want you to know you are loved! Our hope is that you will feel welcomed and ready to hear from the Lord when you attend a service with us.
We currently offer Adventure Kids programming for kids at our 9:30am services. We hope to expand to all services and add elementary classrooms very soon. The Student Ministry (6-12th Grade) Gatherings are currently happening on Wednesday (middle school) and Sunday (high school) evenings, for the time being. We are prayerfully awaiting the re-launch of our Sunday morning Student Ministry Services at The Ridge.
You can expect:
- Relevant teaching based upon Scripture that helps your everyday life
- A welcoming atmosphere, including our coffee bar and outdoor patio
- To see people in all sorts of dress – casual and dressy, business and beach
- Worship inclusive of all generations
- To meet genuine leaders who really care about you and your family
Worship Service Times: Sundays at 8:00am, 9:30am & 11:00am.
Online Live Worship Service: Sundays at 9:30am
Christ Community church started as a home Bible Study of four couples in the summer of 1986. Today, we are a church averaging over 1,500 in attendance! Although COVID-19 has brought about some changes to our gatherings, the Lord continues to do a mighty work in the life of our church from the dreams and faithfulness of our founders, to our present day leadership and the 600-plus volunteers that keep our ministries running.
The location of our church has been in several different spaces over the years.
The current space, north of Pinehurst off the traffic circle, has been our home since 2009. In 2015, we completed the second addition to our facility bringing us to 28,500 square feet of ministry space.
We are glad you are here and look forward to “growing a community passionate for God and His purposes.”